Memgran - bone replacement material
Memgran is a bioresorbable, biodegradable microporous structure in the form of membranes (sponges) and granules, making it ideal for use as a bone substitute.
The biomaterial from which it is made is approved for use in medicine.
Memgran is an implant that remains at the site of application until it is biodegraded, while filling the porosity of the material with osteoblasts and osteoclasts and with the formation of new bone at the implantation site.
• processed from natural biomaterial approved for use in medicine,
• osteoconductive microporous granules or membranes (gradual resorption of the polymer is accompanied by progressive filling with new bone of spaces created when the polymer is resorbed),
• biodegradable through cellular processes,
• lightweight (minimum reaction on a foreign body),
• with a well developed contact surface with the tissues.
Memgran will, for example, be used in:
• filling and reconstructing bone defects, for example:
◦ after the procedure of repositioning and immobilizing fractures,
◦ after an osteotomy,
◦ to fill in the sites and take autologous bone tissue,
◦ after removal of the benign tumor or evacuation of the bone cyst,
◦ to fill the holes in the bonding material,
◦ in spinal surgery, for example in procedures to reconstruct spinal defects,
◦ as an interbody as a filler material,
◦ in dental procedures.
• for the reconstruction of bone defects during arthroplasty and revision arthroplasty,
• as a complex transplantation material for the treatment of delayed adhesions or lack of adhesions and pseudo joints,
• during arthrosis.